Friday, September 19, 2008

London Collections: Vivienne Westwood Red Label

Vivienne Westwood Red Label Spring 2009 Ready-to-Wear

You know my loyal reader(s?), I thought I would go ahead and blog about the collections, but New York Fashion week was, as always, kind of dull. Nothing really stood out, so why bother writing? Check out Diane Von Furstenburg's hippie clothes and Marc Jacobs's multinational, mutlilayered looks. Done. I'll talk more about Paris Fashion Week (namely Dame Westwood and maybe a few others) and the couture shows (namely Galliano, Gaultier, Lagerfeld and LaCroix).

Let's talk of Viv's Red Label, though, shall we?


Honestly? I agree with them; nice, but nothing particularly new or surprising. Pure Westwood. Pure current Westwood, anyway. Hopefully she's pulling out the big guns for her Gold Label, which is usually how it goes. I happen to like the uber-structured looks rather than the crumpled ones. 

And the metallics are tacky, no question about that. 


No comments: